- ABOUT US
- NEWS & EVENTS
- BECOME A MEMBER
NewsJob Call ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Contemporary Aboriginal Art
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information…
Media GallerySince Then
10 June - 23 July 2016
DonateURBAN SHAMAN CONTEMPORARY ABORIGINAL ART
203 - 290 MCDERMOT AVE WINNIPEG, MB R3B 0T2
© URBAN SHAMAN CONTEMPORARY ABORIGINAL ART GALLERY HOURS
TUES - SAT 12PM - 5PM
CLOSED SUNDAYS & MONDAYS
About Urban Shaman
Urban Shaman is an Aboriginal artist-run centre dedicated to meeting the needs of artists by providing a vehicle for artistic expression in all disciplines and at all levels by taking a leadership role in the cultivation of Indigenous art.
Urban Shaman presents contemporary Indigenous Aboriginal art with integrity while remaining rooted in our diverse Aboriginal cultures.
Urban Shaman Contemporary Aboriginal Art is a nationally recognized leader in Aboriginal arts programming and one of the foremost venues and voices for Aboriginal art in Canada. Our focus on developing new programming and new ways of presenting it have resulted in increased exposure and the expansion of our activities. Urban Shaman is dedicated to the Aboriginal arts community and arts community at large.
• Committed to serving the needs of emerging, mid-career, and established Aboriginal artists through exhibitions and associated programming, workshops, residencies and curatorial initiatives.
• Dedicated to contributing to art historical and cultural critical discourses on a local, national, and international level.
• Committed to facilitating artistic production, education, and appreciation of contemporary art as an important and empowering tool for Aboriginal peoples.
Admission to the gallery is free.
Job Call ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Complete Job Description, click below:
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the administration and financial wellbeing of the Organization including finance and legal matters, grants and special funding, filing, day-to day gallery operations, outreach and public relations.
Accountability and Authority:
The Employee shall report to the Director of Urban Shaman Inc.
Employed by and responsible to Urban Shaman Inc, the Administrative Assistant co-manages the Urban Shaman Gallery with the Director.
The Administrative Assistant shall play a key-supporting role in ensuring Organizational policy compliance especially including Finance Policy.
Key relationships of the Administrative Assistant include: Director; Bookkeeper; accountants/auditors; Outreach Coordinator; Preparator; volunteers; artists; members and Board members; funders, and the general public.
Quickbooks knowledge is an asset (only in the case that the applicant is willing to take over of all future internal bookkeeping tasks) but is also not necessary.
• The Administrative Assistant will with the Director:
• Manage financial aspects of all grant applications, manage the annual grants calendar to meet deadlines, and manage grants including special project funding.
• Ensure timely reporting related to the application process, financial cash flow and expense management related to grant revenues
Finance Management and Legal Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will with the Director:
• Ensure the maintenance of accurate financial records and prepare monthly budgetary reports in co-operation with the bookkeeper/accountant.
• Liaise with auditors
• Ensure that legal, contractual, policy and other obligations of the Gallery are met.
• Attend board meetings in an advisory capacity and ensure that decisions of the Board are carried out and communicated as requested.
Administrative Assistant will (some applied to all staff as cooperate duties):
• Be responsible for the day-to-day operations of Urban Shaman Inc, such as taking telephone calls & messages, document staff shift changes, occasional errand running, cleaning, and provide morale support for staff.
• Manage and oversee all projects in advisement with the Director for programming time lines, which will include activities related to the core programming, media programming and film screenings, literary and music events, special projects, and offsite programming.
• Work with the Director, related to curatorial management of all projects, exhibitions and programming including logistics, installation, artist relations, health/safety, audience development and public relations.
• Be responsible for managing volunteers, students and interns (in assistance of Outreach Coordinator).
• Develop & maintain an exhaustive Master Calendar for all Urban Shaman Inc. operations, which will include: funding schedule, programming calendar in advisement with the Director.
• Manage arts-related space bookings, and Board meetings
• Provide assistance compiling and sending Board reports, specifically the financials reports generated by the bookkeeper leading eventually to the Administrative Assistant.
• With the Director, financially maintain currently planned community outreach strategies and workshops, lectures, and related programs.
• Maintain relationships with the Indigenous, First Nations, Metis and Inuit communities, general community, funders, members and other arts organizations.